Karthik interview

Biriyani Still
Karthi starrer Biriyani is all ready to be served! The actor hopes to taste success with this film. The actor who is loved by Tollywood now, says that his fans will get to see a much stylish and chic Karthi in Biriyani. From Weight loss to his love for food…in conversation with Karthi..
Tell us about Biriyani?
It is about two carefree guys, who have no aim in life. Drinks, fun and food is all that they do in life. I am one of these guys in the film. When I drink, Biriyani is must as an accompaniment. Like always one day the guys go for Biriyani, late in the night. An incident happens which changes their life forever…this is the crux.
Do you drink in life?
I am a teetotaler.
So Biriyani is a thriller?
I would call it a dark comedy film. Director Venkat Prabhu loves to make films laced with a good dose of comedy. The film kind of falls into the mould of his earlier film Saroja. You will see sophistication here. There is thrill, the entertainment quotient is high. Second half of the film is nail biting!
Hansika looks fabulous!
Yes! She has lost weight for this film. In Biriyani she enacts the role of a journalist. The film starts with our breakup story. Another surprise element is Ramky is returning after a long time. The popular actor of the 80's was famous for his film Sindhura Puvvu. We also have Mandy Takkar who is very popular in Punjabi films. She has done a very crucial role in the film . Her character is Maya. She is the seductress and is the mystery.
Tell us about the director?
He has crafted and packaged the movie well. I would say Biriyani is Venkat Prabhu's best movie till date. He was my senior in school. Premji was my junior. Yuvan was also my schoolmate. This good friendship amongst us has helped immensely during the shoot.
Sentiments in Biriyani?
There is high sentiment quotient in this film. Madhumati plays the role of my sister. The akka sentiment is high!
How did it feel singing in Telugu?
Yuvan has given his best. This happens to be his 100th album. The director wanted a natural song. So I was pitched in to sing. Initially I crooned with so many mistakes for the Tamil version. I was ready to rectify the mistakes. But Yuvan wanted it to remain that way. In Telugu I have corrected the mistakes that I did. The song has the 80s mood.
We have seen you in action films mostly?
I like fights. When I was kid, my only interest in films was to watch to fights. I used to ask my friends before going to watch a film how many fights does the film have. If a film had five fights, I used to rate it high.
I like doing action in my movies but I try to be natural and realistic. In Awaara and Naa Peru Siva, you can see that. 
Producer Studio Green Jnanavelu Raja…comment?
From childhood, we used to discuss films together. I always showed interest in creative side while he is keen about producing and marketing. But both of us are passionate about film making. So it is comfortable to work with him. He markets my brother and my films here in Andhra Pradesh.
Your last two films did not do well?
What they narrated to me was different from what they made. I realized this at the shooting. I asked the directors to change but they said they would work with the audiences. If the director is confident, I can't say no.
You lost weight?
Yes, I lost weight for this film. I wanted to look stylish urban boy for Biriyani.
Do you like Biriyani, the food!
Who wouldn't sir? I love to eat but I have to check on my weight now... in moderate proportions I relish this food.
Do you have reservations about doing intimate scenes?
Yes. I don't entertain lip to lip kiss scenes. My directors keep complaining about why I would have objections when the heroines are willing to kiss, but that is my policy. I draw lines for certain things.
What is your wife tells about films?
She likes my movies but I told her not to watch this film since I played playboy character. (laughs)
So that leads to problems at home?
(laughs)
Doing straight Telugu film?
Heard some scripts from new comers but I didn't like them. I am still hearing scripts from various directors. Let us see if something works out.
So you are extra cautious about your films now?
Since my films are releasing all over South India, I have to be extra cautious. I know some films only appeal to Tamilians, some work everywhere. That is why we didn't release my last Tamil movie, All In All Azhaghu Raja in Telugu.

No comments:

Post a Comment