Renu desai about Marathi film Mangalashtak


Renu Desai, Producer of upcoming Marathi film Mangalashtak Once More, shares with Debarati Palit Singh her passion for the craft
1. What prompted you to produce Mangalashtak Once More? 
I have done a lot of production work in the last 10 to 12 years. During this time, I had mentioned to my husband (Power star Pawan Kalyan) that whenever I would start independently producing movies, I would make a Marathi film, more so because I am from Pune. Given my background and connections, it would have been very easy for me to produce a Telugu film but honestly, I made Mangalashtak once More because of my emotional connect with this city and with Marathi films. When I was looking for stories, I came across this script by writer Samir Joshi. I liked his clarity of thought and details in it, so I decided to produce the film.
2. How was the transition from being a superstar’s wife to being an independent film producer?  
The transition has been very smooth. Thanks to Kalyan, I have been part of several projects and have been associated with production work of those films right from the moment they were conceptualized. Starting from script, story and music sittings, I have been involved in all aspects of film making. So I exactly know what happens during color correction or in a music sitting. I am extremely passionate about the art of film making and I do not think of it as a 9-to-5 job. Also, I think 12 -13 years is a good amount of time to learn any subject. As far as Mangalashtak is concerned, I have been a hands-on producer.

No comments:

Post a Comment